Saturday, February 6, 2010


There's a natural mystic
Blowing through the air
If you listen carefully now you will hear
This could be the first trumpet
Might as well be last
Many more will have to suffer
Many more will have to die
Don't ask me why
Things are not the way they used to be
I won't tell no lie
One and all got to face reality now

Though I try to find the answer
To all the questions they ask
Though I know it's impossible
To go living through the past
Don't tell no lie
There's a natural mystic
Blowing through the air
Can't keep them down
If you listen carefully now you will hear
Such a natural mystic
Blowing through the air

Bob Marley is hands down one of the most influential people of my life- that I never met. This is because I knew him and he touched me through his music. I know that I did a post on him last week, but my spirit just will not rest unless I give credit to where it is due.

There was a time during my teenage years when I was very lost, like your average adolescent. I mean I was really trying to search for something to hold onto.....Something that would satisfy me...Something that reflected me....And when I came across his Legend album at home, my life and spirit changed for the better.

I stepped into a spiritual realm that I had never EVER knew anything about and I experienced something that I never ever felt before. When his music penetrated my ears, it gave me something that I could not receive in religion class at school, it gave me something that the reverend could not preach to me every Sunday at 11:00 am. He gave me something that you don't happen to stumble across....He gave me something that I was BLESSED to be given by God.

He gave me freedom, knowledge of self, spirituality and love. I'm telling you, if it was not for Robert Nesta Marley I would not know a damn thing about REAL music and REAL lyrics. If it was not for Robert Nesta Marley, the world would know nothing about the powers of Reggae music. If it was not for Robert Nesta Marley, I would not be the young woman that I am today.>>>>And that's 4TRILL!

I am really getting emotional talking about this. It runs that deep. Thank God for his life, ultimately. If you have never listened to Bob's music, please do. Just google the man, research his life and see what he did for people. The prophet was born in the country, raised in the tenement yards of Trenchtown, Jamaica, became the world's greatest Reggae star and traveled the world, but felt happiest when he was in the slums of Jamaica where he could connect with the PEOPLE....whom were his biggest inspiration.

Thank you so much, Mr. Marley for what you did. Continue to watch over us and thank you so much for your time and dedication to educating the PEOPLE on who they are and what the truth is. Have a great weekend, family! ONE LOVE, Pass it on!















0 comments:

 

Copyright 2010 Purpleskyyys.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.