Thursday, February 23, 2012


I can tell that the year of 2012 is going to be a great year for music, especially, Hip Hop. And you may ask, how do I know this? The proof is in the pudding, or should I say, music.

K'naan, the Dusty Foot Philosopher, dropped a video featuring his good friend and Hip Hop royalty, Nas for his song, "Nothing To Lose". This song is featured on K'naan's More Beautiful Than Silence EP, which was dropped last month. I am really feeling this song and how K'naan opts to flow on this beat like I have never heard him flow before. I also love the message behind the song; as well as, the video. A Somali and African American brother that grew up worlds apart, but are related through their struggle and love for the people; I can dig it.

And Yasiin Bey, formerly know as, Mos Def, dropped the video for his song, "Niggas in Poorest" (his spin on Jay-Z and Kanye West's "Niggas in Paris"). Ever since the release of this song, many people have been confused by what message Yasiin is trying to convey to listeners through his lyrics, but this video makes everything crystal clear. The various images and film clips within this video are superb and really draws attention to the song and its subject matter.

I am sure that you all will gain some kind of knowledge and/or wisdom from the two of these videos. What's your thoughts on these two songs?

Peace





K'naan's upcoming album: Country, God or the Girl
Yasiin Bey's latest project: Top 40 Underdog

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2010 Purpleskyyys.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.