Thursday, February 16, 2012


In honor of the most anticipated day of the week finally rolling around, I decided that today I am going to FULLY enjoy myself. And for those that do not know, ever since I was younger (thanks to my parents), I have been a sucker for 70's movies; particularly, blaxplotation movies. I really get a kick out of watching them, as most of them are so action packed and full of drama. And on top of that, you cannot beat watching a predominately African American cast and falling into the style and lingo of this era.

And Friday Foster, happens to be one of those films. I watched this movie for the first time last month and I must say that this has to be one of my favorite Pam Grier flicks. Although many say Foxy Brown or Jackie Brown was her greatest role to date, Friday Foster ranks high in my book. I just love how Friday is really an everyday woman, yet she seems to find herself in the most adventurous and dangerous situations. I love it!

So in honor of today being Friday and me taking out time for ME, I'm going to watch this movie.
Have a great weekend, guys!

2 comments:

minasek said...

YOU ARE SO LUCKY I AM LIVING IN LONDON AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE I CAN WATCH BLACKEXPLOITATION MOVIE.

Anonymous said...

Friday Foster was my flick too! some of the characters in the movie were so shotout, it was a surprise flick for me because i was all about COFFY and FOXY BROWN and then the other one that i liked was SHEBA BABY that was a funny flick too! Classics!

 

Copyright 2010 Purpleskyyys.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.