Friday, January 20, 2012




It saddens me to report that Ms. Etta James and Mr. Winston Riley passed. Two musical greats that really left a true mark on the music world. Etta James had been battling Leukemia and to get her health back for years. A couple weeks ago, she had just been released from the hospital and all of her fans were hoping for a speedy recovery. She was such a powerhouse when it came to singing. I will never forget when my friend in college played "I'd Rather Go Blind" for me, I was blown away by the soul and pain in her voice. Nobody could SANG like Ms. Etta James.

And Winston Riley is a legend in his own right. As the founding member of the Reggae group, The Techniques, and producing for the likes of Buju Banton, Super Cat and many more, Riley's work has made a huge impact on Reggae music and its evolution throughout the years.

Salute to both of these amazing artists, we will never forget their contribution to Black culture worldwide.

Peace

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2010 Purpleskyyys.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.