Monday, January 2, 2012


The work of Abdi Farah has inspired me ever since I saw him on Bravo's premiere of their amazing show, Work of Art. After watching the first episode, he immediately became my favorite artist on the show. Not only did I love the fact that he was an African American male showcasing his gift and raw talent to the world, but his art was extraordinary. And so are these neon figures that he created.

Known for his many imaginative sculptures, Abdi shines when it comes to creating life size and small figures that are very intriguing to the eye. And I must say, as a person that loves fluorescent colors, I found these plastic human-shaped figures to be so cool. I can honestly say that I cannot tell whether they are done being cleaned up or not, either way around, I think they are awesome.




Abdi's art is truly one of a kind and I cannot wait to see what he has in store for his fans for the year of 2012. We shall definitely see, but in the meanwhile, I will continually look at these creations in neon amazement.

Peace

More on Abdi Farah:

Abdiart.com

Flickr.com
@AbdiFarah on Twitter

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2010 Purpleskyyys.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.