Friday, December 18, 2009

So this week I have been gaining alot of knowledge during this journey called life and I have been realizing alot about my surroundings and who I am. I feel that the state of the world is in trouble and I also feel that the state of the Blacks in America is even worse. I've been learning alot about the true culture of the Blacks in America and I am realizing that what we are a depressed people. We don't even realize how great of a people we are and where we come from, and this un-acknowlodgenement is really hurting us....ESPECIALLY the future generation.

So I end this week off with a dedication to a brother, a REAL BLACK MAN who has a special place in my heart: Tupac Amaru Shakur.


I think it was meant for me to just see a documentary on him on TV that inspired me to end off my week's teachings right. This man was a true soldier of the system. He was born in a prison, his mother was a drug addict, he grew up on welfare, was introduced to the streets BUT then became one the GREATEST rappers to ever grace this Earth. Tupac could've been your average statistic but he had enough knowledge to know that he did not have to continue to let the system hold him back so he went out for his dreams and he indeed inspired others along the way. Rapper, activist, prophet, idol, thug, nigga, soldier, gangsta.....All of these words describe Tupac Shakur and I am thankful that we at least have a person of the past to look to who we feel stood up for us (Blacks) and what we believed in. Tupac was never scared and would not want us to be scared. In order to make a change in the world you have to change yourself first.



So this video is dedicated to ALL Black people in the struggle whether it is mentally, emotionally, financially...Whatever it is....We can make it, we just have to hold each other up and stay positive. This is my favorite song by Tupac, thank you Tupac for all that you did for us. Your life will not be forgotten. THUG LIFE


P.S. the beat to "Keep Ya Head Up" is sampled from Zapp & Roger's "Be Alright". Yall know I had to add that in. lol

2 comments:

Tasha said...

I actually saw a documentary of him too. You know, I'm really disappointed that more people didn't give him the proper gratification that he sooooooooooo deserved. He spoke of knowledge..truth...and nothing less. He was truly a GENIUS!! I miss him so!!! He is what you call LEGENDARY!!

PurpleSkyyys said...

I so agree, Tasha....

 

Copyright 2010 Purpleskyyys.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.